Everyone feels down every once in a while, it’s perfectly normal. The problem is that the longer we stay this way the worse we feel and the less productive we are. This causes us much stress and even more of those feeling down feelings we don’t like. The good news is that you can change the way you feel in an instant with some little mind hacking and a small bit of patience.
I have found that most of the time when I get the blues without an apparent reason, (such as a death of a loved one) it can be cured with a simple change of thoughts and a few little tricks I’ve learned.
Here is a list of Things That Will Help You Get out Of Your Slump:
- Get yourself cleaned up. Take a shower, put on makeup, shave, put on nice clothes, etc. whatever it is that makes you feel sharp and good looking do it. The better you feel about yourself the higher your self-esteem will be.
- Go for a walk or exercise. Get your body moving either by doing an intense workout or just simply go for a walk. Make your way down to the park or walk in the woods.
- Leave the house and go do anything. By just sitting around the house feeling gloomy you are making it worse. If you get out and start doing things you will feel instantly better. Even if it’s just a trip to the grocery store, anything will help.
- Be social. This one works both ways. If you have positive friends try to surround yourself with them. Maybe even visit some friends and family you haven’t seen in a while. Whatever it is you do avoid people who have a negative attitude, because that will only make things worse.
- Play your favorite music or song and dance or sing. Even if you aren’t in a location where you can dance or sing just listening to something you really enjoy will bring about all of those good feeling you have been missing.
- Remove the negative and replace it with positive. Every time something negative pops into your mind quickly replace the thought with one that is a little more positive, even if its way off topic. Ex. If you think your broke replace it with I have great food to eat!
- Watch what you eat. If you are sitting around eating potato chips that could be a big part of why you feel so bad. Get yourself some fresh juice or water and maybe some fruit like an orange or a banana. You become what you eat.
- Distract yourself with anything you enjoy. Even if it’s as simple as picking up a good book. The more you stay distracted the less you will have time to think about things that are making you feel depressed.
Some slumps are caused by chemicals in your brain or by lack of certain vitamins and nutrition. If you stay in a slump for several weeks and you can’t do nothing to shake it, then go to the doctor and get help. It’s worth the trouble to get your life back. You can be strong I have faith in you. Good Luck!