How To Stop Fearing Uncertainty and The Future
Everyone has experienced some sort of fear of the future. Whether it’s something that you know is going to happen or if it’s something you fear might happen. The fear of the uncertain or unknown is part of human nature and it is one of our oldest fears.
We don’t fear the future, but what we fear is something we don’t like happening. This could be change, pain, suffering, loss of anything, failing, etc. Some of these fears aren’t even realistic, like fear of failing. You don’t know your going to fail. Actually, there is just as much of a chance of you becoming successful. Do you fear that?
The odds are basically the same today, tomorrow, and next week of anything good or bad happening. You can’t predict the future. The only real influence you have is when you get into a certain mindset then you start to work towards that thought, good or bad, with or without you knowing about it consciously. Your subconscious mind works in mysterious ways and sometimes it can bring your fears into reality. Don’t get caught up in this kind of thinking.
How To Improve The Way You Think About The Uncertainty and The Future
There are many ways to improve your thought process. There are also many different activities you can do to help ease some of this discomfort and relax your anxiety’s about things that haven’t happened yet. I can assure you that fear is a natural part of human emotion. You can however challenge and change some of the habits formed around this and stop worrying yourself about things that have to come.
- Start living in the now. Stop worrying about the future or even the past. Start living in the moment you are in now. Focus on how you feel now and whats going on around you. Stop spending your time thinking and planning for events that may never happen at all. Take the time to stop and smell the roses.
- Learn to accept things for how they are. Don’t worry about what might happen. Just learn to accept EVERYTHING that you come across in your life. If you accept it then it can’t bother you are cause you any stress.
- Face your fears head on by figuring out the worse case scenario and coming to terms with it. If are worried about how a meeting at work might turn out. Then figure out the worst case scenario like you get fired. Is it really that bad? NO! Chances are you will have a new job in matter of time and go right on about your life. Sometimes things that seem really bad turn out better in the long run.
- Embrace change and run with it. Life is always changing. You are always changing. Situations and people are always changing. Accept this fact. No matter how comfortable you have become with you current life things will change. The best way to handle this is to embrace the change and just flow with life.
- Step back and realize how much of everything you cling to. If you are over attached to anything or anybody you need to step back and get a wake up call. You could lose it all in an instant and what really matters is what you have built up on the inside. Consider cleaning out your clutter and moving on with your life.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up and make mistakes. So many great successes came shortly after failure. After all you can’t become successful unless you try. If you fear mistakes to much you may never even try at all.
- Enjoy the unknown. Become excited when surprises enter into your life. Feel alive and live for the excitement and thrill when the unplanned happen. You will find this really does work. Even if you don’t believe it at first give it a try and you will begin to on your own.
I hope my advice can help you find your way through all the uncertainty life has to offer. If you learn how to not let it bother you, things become a lot more fun and interesting again. Don’t be afraid, because the fear will only control you and your life. You might even find a new beginning on the other side of the door if you just open it. Good Luck!